Ocular Therapeutix, Inc., which is developing sustained release ophthalmic drug products using a proprietary hydrogel technology, has announced six posters will be presented at the upcoming Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting in taking place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, from May 4-8, 2014.
Details of the poster presentations at the ARVO Annual Meeting:
Sunday May 4, 2014: Exhibit/Poster Hall SA
- In Vivo Drug Delivery of Low Solubility Drugs from Biodegradable Hydrogel Punctum Plugs. Authors: Michael McGrath; Charles D. Blizzard; Ankita Desai; Michael Bassett; Peter Jarrett, Ph.D.; Arthur Driscoll; Amarpreet Sawhney, Ph.D. Session: Drug Delivery #1 | 8:30-10:15AM.
- In Vitro/In Vivo Correlation of Travoprost Release from a Biodegradable Hydrogel Punctum Plug for the Treatment of Glaucoma. Authors: Monica O’Connor; Charles D. Blizzard; Michael Bassett; Ankita Desai; Steve Takach; Doug Molla; Bill Cowe; Jennifer Wittbold; Arthur Driscoll; Amarpreet Sawhney, Ph.D. Session: Drug Delivery #1 | 8:30-10:15AM.
Monday May 5, 2014: Exhibit/Poster Hall SA
- Pharmacodynamics of Dexamethasone Delivery from a Punctum Plug in Cataract Patients. Authors: Michael Bassett; Samuel Masket, MD; Thomas D. Walters, MD; Michael Endl, MD; Jeffery Levenson, MD; Parag Majmudar, MD; Deepa Mulani; Stephen Curwen; Charles D. Blizzard; Amarpreet Sawhney Ph.D. Session: Cataract Surgery 1 | 3:45-5:30PM.
Wednesday May 7, 2014: Exhibit/Poster Hall SA
- Safety of the Dexamethasone Punctum Plug is Demonstrated in a Canine Toxicity Study. Authors: Charles D. Blizzard; Ankita Desai; Amarpreet Sawhney, Ph.D.; Michael McGrath; Peter Jarrett; Arthur Driscoll; Bill Cowe; Doug Molla; Monica O’Connor; Jennifer Wittbold. Session: Ocular Toxicity/Toxicology | 11:00AM- 12:45PM.
- 90-Day Canine Toxicity Study Demonstrating the Safety of a Sustained Release Travoprost Punctum Plug. Authors: Monica O’Connor; Charles D. Blizzard; Michael Bassett; Steve Takach; Doug Molla; Arthur Driscoll; Amarpreet Sawhney, Ph.D.; Peter K. Jarrett, PhD. Session: Ocular Toxicity/Toxicology | 11:00AM- 12:45PM.
- Sustained Release of Bevacizumab from Hydrogel Depots for Intravitreal Injections. Authors: Rami F. El-Hayek, Ph.D.; Amarpreet Sawhney, Ph.D.; Peter Jarrett, Ph.D.; Sarah Guedez, Courtney Rosales. Session: Drug Delivery #2 | 3:45-5:30PM.
We believe that our sustained release drug candidates offer potential advantages over current topical ophthalmic medications by improving patient compliance and eliminating the peaks and valleys of treatment associated with drops administered topically. This may improve the safety profile of certain drugs and improve disease control. Ocular Therapeutix is in Phase 3 clinical trials for its sustained release dexamethasone punctum plug, and plans to enter Phase 2b clinical trials for its travoprost punctum plugs later this year.
About Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
Ocular Therapeutix, Inc. is a privately held company based in Bedford, MA, focused on the development and commercialization of ophthalmic therapeutic products using its proprietary hydrogel technology. Ocular Therapeutix’s first product, the ReSure Sealant, was FDA approved in January 2014 for the prevention of post-operative fluid egress following cataract surgery. Ocular Therapeutix is in clinical trials for drug-eluting intracanalicular plugs for both treatment of post-operative pain and inflammation and glaucoma, and is developing sustained release injectable anti-VEGF drug depots for back-of-the-eye diseases.
Any statements in this news release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Ocular Therapeutix constitute forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements because of a number of important factors, including the risks that: our development efforts may not be successful, we may not obtain regulatory approval to market any of our products in development and we may not be able to successfully commercialize any products for which we do receive marketing approval. In addition, Ocular Therapeutix anticipates that subsequent events and developments may cause its views to change. However, while Ocular Therapeutix may elect to update these forward-looking statements in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
# # #