The Quality Control Inspector maintains quality standards for medical products and components by performing quality control inspections and testing. The QC Inspector will document and communicate inspection results.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Perform routine inspections/testing of raw materials, labeling, subassemblies and finished product
- Submit samples to third party laboratory for routine testing/inspection
- Interact with manufacturing department to ensure inspections are completed in a timely manner
- Generate non-conforming material reports as required
- Communicate inspection issues to supervisor and other quality team representatives
- Create new inspection methods with instruction and suggest improvements to existing inspection methods
- Perform additional quality duties as assigned
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, perform visual inspections, and test samples on an electromechanical testing machine
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with quality measuring instruments: calipers, pipettes, balances, electromechanical testing machine, etc.
- Experience working in clean room preferred