The Quality Control Inspector maintains quality standards for medical products and components by performing quality control inspections and testing. The QC Inspector will document and communicate inspection results.
- Perform routine inspections/testing of raw materials, labeling, subassemblies and finished product
- Submit samples to third party laboratory for routine testing/inspection
- Interact with manufacturing department to ensure inspections are completed in a timely manner
- Generate non-conforming material reports as required
- Communicate inspection issues to supervisor and other quality team representatives
- Create new inspection methods with instruction and suggest improvements to existing inspection methods
- Perform additional quality duties as assigned
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, perform visual inspections, and test samples on an electromechanical testing machine
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with quality measuring instruments: calipers, pipettes, balances, electromechanical testing machine, etc.
- Experience working in clean room preferred