The Manufacturing Engineer I shall provide engineering assistance to commercial product and new product development projects, the manufacturing organization, and facility related engineering projects and ongoing maintenance. The position is set in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and shall require the individual to work on a broad range of tasks.
- Assist in the development and implementation of manufacturing processes for established product development projects
- Assist in the development and design of fixtures to improve use, ease, ergonomics, etc. of manufacturing processes
- Assist in sourcing process equipment, fixtures, packaging materials, and other equipment and materials to support manufacturing and product development
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to manufacturing for commercial production
- Provide manufacturing and operations assistance to new product development projects
- Assist in daily/weekly monitoring
- Assist in writing/executing equipment validations
- Write and execute test protocols for trials of new materials, equipment, tooling, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years’ experience in manufacturing or product development, preferably in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with SolidWorks or other CAD or solid modeling software
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Process validation experience is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Position requires the ability to work with mechanical equipment and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work in both cleanroom and chemical laboratory environments